Tagsoff-topicintroductions
Read 75 times
Tismon
2021-11-20, 20:10

Introductions

A thread for new members to introduce themselves. We are very curious about you, what kind of art you make or just who you are!

About me:Tismon is the merged names of my two first dogs Tyson and Bismo. I am a person who really enjoys drawing, painting, music, scultping, all sorts of art! Thought I am not very good at woodwork or stuff related to fabric. Those are not my expertise. Other than that I really love animals as I have a dog and a cat, on my sparetime I also ride horses. In music I generally prefer rock and also listen to some metal.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Host of Dogs and Art Savvity

Evelina
2021-11-22, 12:02

My name is Evelina! I like to paint with acrylic and watercolour. I love oil paintings but have yet to really master oil painting. I have two cats. (:

Tismon
2021-11-22, 18:04

#1: Hello Evelina, welcome to art! I prefer acrylic over oil painting myself haha, it can be a bit tricky to use and there are so many different techniques you can use with oil painting :)Aww cats are adorable

• Edited by Tismon 2021-11-22, 18:04

Start your own community!

For your company, club, school class, neighborhood, blog, hobby, interest, gaming clan, family, friend circle, sports team, study group...

Get started in minutes. For free of course!

Niklas
2021-11-23, 21:33

#2: Speaking of adorable. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Savvity is a network of interest centered communities
Tismon
2021-11-23, 22:39

#3: it is now in my favourite! 😀

JayCricket
2021-12-10, 02:22

Hello. I'm Billy or Jay (whichever you prefer).
JayCricket is my game name on Nintendo Switch, and Cricket is derived from the OUAT character Jiminy Cricket.

I like drawing/painting and working with my hands, so sculpting was something I did when I was still in my mid teens.

My preferred painting/drawings materials are acrylics and charcoal, though I used to paint with oils in the past.

Have recently tried out watercolors (akvarell, I mean), and I think I will enjoy wotking with that material very much. 😊

Something that I would like to learn in the future is playing the accordion, and perhaps even to tap dance.
Also am fond of the koto, which is a Japanese instrument.

"We're All Mad Here"
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

• Edited by JayCricket 2021-12-10, 02:26
Tismon
2021-12-10, 14:08

#5: Welcome to art! It's so fun to learn more abou what you do and like, thank you for sharing 😊 akvarell/watercolor is in my opinion very fun but also a bit tricky if it is very diluted in water, it is harder to control, but maybe that is part of the charm.

I love sculpting! Did you use an oven?

JayCricket
2021-12-10, 14:14

#6: Thank you. 😁

Yes, a bit tricky but that is one thing I like about it actually.
That it takes time and patience, but slowly you learn different methods/techniques that works for you.

Yes, I did.
I was part of a group that sculped during early to late evenings.
Was really fun. 😊

"We're All Mad Here"

Tismon
2021-12-10, 14:30

#7: Yeah that is fair. You can develop a lot and that is also fun, to make progress and watch your progress :)

Oh I am a bit jelly, I wish I could sculpt! I have only sculptued once with "real" clay and that was when I was maybe 13 years old. I don't have access to an oven as of now haha

JayCricket
2021-12-10, 14:33

#8: indeed it is. 😊

It is nice that you could try it out at least, but one never knows.
Perhaps someday you can get back to it. 😄
It's not just fun but also, I find, quite a therapeutic hobby.

"We're All Mad Here"

Tismon
2021-12-10, 14:48

#9: thanks, I hope so too! It's amazing to feel the material you're working with and have the ability to shape it with your bare hands. It was too long ago but I imagine it's quite therapeutic as you said 🙂

Niklas
2021-12-15, 16:41

#8: Couldn’t you start with modeling clay? It doesn’t take any expensive equipment. On the other hand, you can’t make it last or create useful things with it. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tismon
2021-12-16, 19:00

#11: That's true. I've actually been 3D modeling before, when I was still at school my program was game developing

Scroll to top