Annons:
Tagsdrawingtutorialsart-for-beginnerschristmas-theme
Read 73 times
Tismon
2021-12-11 23:45

Draw your own christmas cards!

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Christmas is around the corner! Are you tired of all the christmas cards in your local store or do you just want to have a more personal touch to your gifts? In this tutorial we're going to learn how to draw christmas cards!

All of these pictures in this guide are suited for beginners but they can also be used by more experienced artists who just want a simplistic feel and a clean style. The pictures here are also free for everyone to use however they want - no copyright stuff involved.

Santa Claus

tomte.gif

God jul means Merry christmas in Sweden

As we already discuessed in Beginners guide: Drawing a lot of things can be simplified to basic shapes. Santas beard is moon shaped, his eyes and nose circles. The hat can look however you want! Colouring is the last step

Do you want to draw this picture?

Click Here to get Santa Claus without colour
Click Here to get Santa in colour

Rudolph the red nosed reindeer

deer.gif
Deers are quite tricky sometimes to draw. Here's a simple picture of Rudolph that isn't too hard to depicture. You get the basics by making a triangle for a head and rectangle as its body. Unwanted lines you can erase with an eraser.

Click Here to get Rudolph without colour
Click Here to get Rudolph in colour

Christmas present

paket.gif
Drawing a gift box isn't very hard, it's constructed just by a bunch of rectangles. The wrapping string can be made to look however you want it to, it doesn't have to be a bow.

Click Here to get the christmas present without colour
Click Here to get the christmas present in colour

Gingerbread man

pepparkaka.gif
What would christmas be without gingerbread cookies? The fun part about gingerbread men is that you can decorate them hovewer you'd like! You can made a detailed glazing or even give them a hat! This is just one example of how you can draw a ginerbread man

Click Here to get gingerbread man without colour
Click Here to get gingerbread man in colour

Snowman

snögubbe.gif
A circle on a cirle on a circle isn't particular hard. But what you do from here is up to you! Above picture is just an example of what you can make.

Click Here to get the snowman without colour
Click Here to get the snowman in colour

Advent candles

adventsljus.gif
Sometimes it's nice with just really simple stuff. These candles are really simple and everyone is easy enough for everyone to make!

Click Here to get these candles without colour
Click Here to get these candle in colour

Christmas decoration

ljuspynt.gif
Christmas decoration is cozy and pretty. This one might be a little harder than the other pictures but if you take one step at a time, you can do it!

Click Here to get christmas decoration without colour
Click Here to get christmas decoration in colour

Snowflake

snöflinga.gif
Snowflakes and winter goes hand in hand! There is a saying that every snowflake is truly unique. So what's fun drawing them is that they can have so many different looks! THere's everything from simplistic snowflakes to advanced ones. This one is kind of simple but with a bit of complexity to it. If you want to it pop up you can make lineart

Do you want to draw this picture

Click Here to get snowflake
Click Here to get snowflake with lineart and a frame

Christmas tree

julgran1.gif
You can decorate a christmas tree in countless ways and that makes christmas trees fun. They are not very hard to draw, either

Click Here to get christmas tree without colour
Click Here to get christmas tree in colour

Modern christmas trees

Sometimes having christmas trees looking the same can get quite boring. Maybe it's uninteresting when all christmas trees are suppose to be a certain way. It can be fun to design your own, abstract christmas trees. The ones who turns out good you can use as cards while the ones who doesn't…. You get to decide what you do with them 😉 Below is an example of how different each christmas tree can be from eachother. These trees are also made by me so you can use them for whatever purpose you want, whether that be drawing them on a paper or getting inspiration from them
trees design.png

If you still find them dull you can add some christmas ornaments and decorations

trees design2.png

Colouring

The pictures you've seen are all made by me digitally. Even though you can get some cool effects from traditional tools, traditionally made pictures won't look the same. Water colour has cool effects, coloured pencil looks soothing and familiar and crayons can have a smudgy feel to it. If you want the even colouring as seen on these pictures I recommend coloured paper

färgatpapper.jpg

What should I do?

It's pretty simple. You draw as normal, the only difference being that you draw different parts on different pieces of coloured paper, depending on what colours you need. And then you cut them out and glue them all together on the card. Done! The colour is even and it looks pretty stylish.

Draw each part on different papers

tomte_papper1.gif

Cut it out and glue it together!

tomte_papper2.gif

Correlation does not equal causation.

Host of Dogs and Art Savvity

Savvity is a network of interest centered communities
  • Edited by Tismon 2022-01-28 17:22
Annons:
Evelina
2021-12-14 13:09

Great ideas! I always tell myself I will paint Christmas cards for family and friends every year but never have time in the end. Christmas always seems to sneak up on me! Perhaps I need to start painting already for next Christmas XD

Tismon
2021-12-14 19:01

#1: thanks! Haha yes it can be a good idea to do things in advance, then you won't worry about it later. When I could afford xmas gifts I would buy them during summer sales and other good opportunities. It often gets stressful when you buy them close to christmas since everyone else also shops then so malls get crowded with people, hard to find a parking spot, things get out of stock etc.

• Edited by Tismon 2021-12-14 19:01
Niklas
2021-12-15 15:50

#0: That is a very good tutorial for all common Christmas card motives. Great job! 😃 ⛄️❄️👍🏼🎅🏻🎁

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tismon
2021-12-15 16:53

#3: Thank you 🎄☃️

Scroll to top
Annons: